Columbus Company has been effectively combining traditional Microsoft products with Microsoft Business Solutions software to provide flexible, innovative and fully-integrated solutions since 1985, Columbus helps small to large organizations manage installations and software applications in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our world-class consulting team includes industry specialists that have experience implementing vertical solutions as well as many ongoing services to meet our clients’ specific
As a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Implementation Consultant, you will work with clients and teammates to plan and implement a full range of solutions revolving around Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The total solution proposed may include a variety of Microsoft products including SQL Server, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Office, and Exchange, as well as Scribe integrations and custom development.
This position has the flexibility to work remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading and/or participating in discovery analysis meetings with the client to understand current business processes that need to be incorporated into Dynamics NAV.
- Conducting GAP analysis’ to determine difference between application and business processes.
- Providing a demonstration of software and solution to prospects or at customer events.
- Gathering system and software requirements.
- Working with teammates to design and architect proposed solution.
- Creating documentation to define workflow and requirements.
- Configuring application as appropriate to conform to business process definition, including: application customization, workflow process editing, and report writing.
- Identifying creative solutions for processes that aren’t fully accomplished by standard Dynamics NAV processing.
- Working with the client to understand legacy data components and identifying and documenting the appropriate location for such data in Dynamics NAV.
- Designing, architecting and implementing integrations and migrations between Dynamics NAV and a variety of products.
- Developing end user training documentation.
- Training users in a hands-on methodology.
- Providing on-going support to end users, assisting with trouble shooting or additional training via email, phone or site visits.
- Maintaining and expanding client relationships through delivery of high quality services.
- Designing custom reports, dashboards, SQL scripts or triggers.
- Representing Columbus at promotional and educational events.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Strong proficiency within at least one of the following areas: Finance, Manufacturing, Job Costing,Warehousing (WMS) and/or EDI.
- 3-5+ years proven track record of successfully implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV in one or more of the following roles: Solutions Consultant, Project Management, Implementation Consultant.
- NAV Certification.
- 4+ full-cycle ERP implementations within Implementation Consultant role.
- Prior consulting, business analyst, implementation, or product support experience required, specifically relating to Dynamics NAV.
- Education in Information Technologies and the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to manage critical relationships with clients.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, communicate, delegate and follow-up effectively to all team members.
- Ability to adhere to and enhance Microsoft NAV’s Sure Step Methodology.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management/organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of other accounting or ERP solutions would be beneficial.
- Payroll skillset, Report Writing, and Financial Management experience are held in high regard.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV in one or more of the following roles: Solutions Consultant, Project Management, Implementation Consultant.
What we offer
- Our mission is to enhance the lives of employees and customers by working together to provide quality business solutions. This is a full-time position with an excellent compensation and benefits package, a flexible work environment, and a culture which encourages collaboration and a healthy balance of life and work. In Columbus you will have great career and growth opportunities in a growing organization that is part of an international consultancy with subsidiaries all over US and Europe.
This position will be working with customers from all locations; therefore, this person can be located in any of our office locations or may work remotely.Apply Now