The Service Delivery Management’s area of responsibility is to manage and ensure implementation of support tasks as well as ensure the changes with existing customers (Operations) are carried out according the clients’ expectations. This complies with the agreements that are linked to the individual customers, as well as to achieve the Columbus targets for Profit and Customer Satisfaction, for each Customer.
The employee works as part of the Customer Operations team, focusing on client satisfaction and expanding Columbus's business and earnings on the portfolio of existing customers. Thus, it involves managing and developing support agreements, ad-hoc consulting and minor changes not deemed full scale projects. The role of the Head of Service Delivery Managers is to ensure that he/she takes ownership of key accounts, as well as manages the SDM’s in the team offering service delivery management to Columbus clients.
Whilst the role will differ daily and will be dependent on the phase/maturity of the business. However, at the outset the focus will be on defining and documenting the touchpoints and processes and would be similar to the following:
80% Define the processes within the Customer Operations Business by understanding the current touchpoints and how best to optimize these. Creating standard templates and updating the sharepoint portal.
5% Internally marketing the SDM role and functions
Time for self-training and personal development are allocated on ad-hoc bases in collaboration with the nearest manager.
2 Months - Onwards
55% Billable on key clients and for escalations from team members
30% Team Management
10% Sales and promotional work
Responsibilities and main areas of work
- Work with the Customer Operations Director in setting up the Customer Operations SDM business and associated reporting
- Independently perform assigned work as optimally as practically possible and in accordance with the rules, policies and procedures / methods of the Group, the company, the department and the team at any time
- Lead and ensure completion of activities / subprojects in accordance with the agreements that are attached to the individual tasks and projects in the most optimal and effective manner, as well as contribute to achieving the goals set by Columbus for the project, including profit targets and customer satisfaction goals
- Contribute to business development in optimizing existing and establishment of new business processes related to service delivery management, as well as ensuring compliance with other processes and methods in Columbus
- Generally contribute to internal knowledge sharing
- Participation in the sales process in connection with the preparation of offers, estimation of assignments, allocation of resources, establishment of business case, customer presentations and contract negotiation
- Continuously inform the immediate superior about ongoing activities
- Searching and sales work on existing Operations customers
Work in relation to managing and ensuring the completion of tasks and sub-projects
- Set goals and success criteria for the assignment / project with the customer
- Ensure an alignment of expectations with the customer
- Secure customer acceptance (written) for all deliveries
- Preparation and maintenance of project plan
- Plan, manage, coordinate, control and implement own projects ongoing and planned activities, including follow-up of time consumption, revenue and coverage
- Ensure optimal contractual basis through participation in sales work and negotiation with the customer
- Ensure a general compliance with company standards
- Ensure that contract, schedule, budget, quality level and scope are complied with
- Ensure that the service delivery management team performs agreed services at the agreed time and price at any time
- Handling of administrative tasks in connection with tasks / projects
- Ensure documentation of the task / project activities in accordance with the agreement and internal processes
- Ensure that relevant methods and standards are applied (including the use of ITIL and SureStep+)
- Organization of internal and external project meetings
- Follow-up on the individual sub-tasks and on activities and sub-projects as a whole
- Ongoing secure status information for the task / project stakeholders (including participants, internal and external management)
- Sparring with the customer throughout the process
- Compile budgets for own tasks, customer contracts and projects
- Comply with assigned budgets in relation to revenue and coverage
- Ensure realistic estimation of the tasks and projects as well as their sub-tasks
- Minimize and avoid loss of customer contracts
- Increase revenue and GM on tasks and projects in relation to the allocated budgets to the extent possible
- Compose project teams in cooperation with management and ensure timely that the project team is adapted to the project's resource needs
- Lead and distribute work on support tasks and projects
- Ensure that project staff are aware of their duties and responsibilities
- Ensure commitment, work ethic, motivation and cooperation during the assignment / project
- Be the sparring partner for the project participants
- Create satisfaction in the team about both their own and team efforts
- Assist in the training of new colleagues and create onboarding packs for new SDM’s
Knowledge and Skill
- Ability to understand, communicate, and interpret client business processes and requirements
- Ability to thrive in a virtual, collaborative organization and atmosphere.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands.
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation - including business and system requirements, process diagrams, and detailed data requirements.
- Effective time management skills.
- Fluent in English - written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of best practices, principles and procedures as related to mid-to-large scale business processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of applying sales techniques and cycles. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with little supervision.
- This role will manage the Service Delivery Managers in the Customer Operations Business and will report to the Customer Operations Director.