Columbus is dedicated to the sales, consulting, service and support of Microsoft Business Solutions. Columbus has a vast network of resources, partnerships and professionals specializing in Microsoft Dynamics Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Columbus is one of INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies and was awarded Microsoft’s Inner Circle and President’s Club.
This Presale Financial AX Consultant will provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics application in evaluating the customers’ environment, creating customized presales demos, system issues, and business processes to develop models, create and provide effective solutions with new and existing customers.
Responsibilities of this Dynamics AX Finance Consultant include:
- Present and create demos, whiteboarding & provide technical RFP responses
- Participate in discovery meetings with the client to understand current business processes that need to be incorporated into AX
- Work with the client to understand legacy data components and identify the appropriate location for such data in AX. Document mapping of that data for conversion by technical staff.
- Validation of business practices and processes in Dynamics AX based on discovery analysis
- Conducting GAP analysis’ to determine difference between application and business processes.
- Identify creative solutions for processes that aren’t fully accomplished by standard AX
- Develops and delivers presentations to customers by outlining findings and recommendations to guide the implementation of the identified solution.
- Translates functional business objectives and critical success factors into Functional documents
- Configure application as appropriate to conform to business process definition.
- Train users in a hands-on methodology and develop training and Functional design documentation.
- Provide on-going support to end users, assisting with trouble shooting or additional training via email, phone or site visits.
- Maintaining and expanding client relationships through delivery of high quality services.
- BA/BS in MIS, Computer Science, or Accounting preferred
- Significant industry experience in accounting, manufacturing or distribution.
- 1+ years of Dynamics AX presale experience required
- Microsoft certifications in Dynamics AX
- Hands on experience in configuration and customization of Dynamics AX, Customer Service, Field Service and Project Service.
- Previous success in a technical AX presale capacity
- Ability to connect with the customer and build relationships remotely
- Ability to estimate project scope and write profitable SOW’s
- DIEF experience
- Management Reporter experience
- Financial Consolidation and elimination
- Experience with electronic banking file needs
- Basic knowledge in Financial workflow or journal approval
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent demonstration and presentation skills
- A passion for client success and enthusiasm for the products we implement
- Ability to travel to provide services to clients; and nationally up to 80% of your time.
- Experience with associated tools and technologies such as SQL Reporting Services or SharePoint are highly desirable.
- Experience in Project Accounting
- Multi-dimensional accounting background
- Multi-legal entries experience
- Multi-currency experience
- Desire to constantly assess and incorporate new technologies and software into their skillset
- Strong project implementation skills (planning, data conversion, module setups, training, project management, reporting)
- Ability to recognize and incorporate client needs at a worker level.
- Proactive approach in communicating project status and project risks to all parties, internal and external
What we offer:
Our mission is to enhance the lives of employees and customers by working together to provide quality business solutions. This is a full-time permanent position with an excellent compensation and benefits package, a flexible work environment, and a culture which encourages collaboration and a healthy balance of life and work.