The Lead Solution Architect (LSA) reports to the Director and is a key member of the team. The LSA’s primary role is to ensure the successful delivery of AX and D365 projects that satisfy clients’ functional requirements as outlined during the sales process. The LSA will also support sales efforts by capturing customer requirements, helping to propose solutions that address those requirements, and helping to build budgetary estimates for projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Pre-Sales with technical demos, discussions, etc.
- Attends all design sessions for a project
- Ensures that the project’s solution design is realistic and can be accomplished by the project team within the budgetary estimate and timeframe
- The LSA identifies all system configuration and development activities required to support the system design and ensures that each is assigned to a responsible party
- The LSA ensures that all processes covered in the design phase are tested and approved by the client
- Responsible for ensuring that resources with the appropriate skillsets are assigned to each project task, and that they are successfully executed.
- The LSA, along with the Project Manager, ensures that the system, client, and project team are ready for go-live
Credentials & Experience:
- Degree in Business, Accounting, or Information Technology or relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on ERP implementation projects
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- Prior experience managing a small group of individuals desired
- Fluency in English is mandatory (both written and oral)
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to professionally represent Columbus are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Willing to work overtime as needed and as requested
- Willing to travel occasionally –10-30%
- Willing to work flexible hours, periodically, in order to coordinate as necessary with international staff
- Ability to understand, communicate, and interpret client business processes and requirements
- Organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
This position can reside anywhere in the US.