This Sr. AX Consultant (Microsoft Dynamics AX) will provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics AX application in evaluating the customers’ requirements, business processes and current issues to develop models and provide effective solutions.
This position has the flexibility to work remotely in the Northeast location of US.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in discovery meetings with the client to understand current business processes that need to be incorporated into AX
- Work with the client to understand legacy data components and identify the appropriate location for such data in AX. Document mapping of that data for conversion by technical staff.
- Validation of business practices and processes in Dynamics AX based on discovery analysis
- Conducting GAP analysis’ to determine difference between application and business processes.
- Identify creative solutions for processes that aren’t fully accomplished by standard AX
- Develops and delivers presentations to customers by outlining findings and recommendations to guide the implementation of the identified solution.
- Translates functional business objectives and critical success factors into Functional documents
- Configure application as appropriate to conform to business process definition.
- Train users in a hands-on methodology and develop training documentation.
- Provide on-going support to end users, assisting with trouble shooting or additional training via email, phone or site visits.
- Maintaining and expanding client relationships through delivery of high quality services.
Credentials & Experience:
- BA/BS in MIS, Computer Science, or Accounting preferred
- Significant industry experience in accounting, manufacturing or distribution.
- 3+ years of Dynamics AX functional implementation experience required
- Microsoft certifications in Dynamics AX
- DIEF experience
- Experience in Product creation and management, Trade agreements, Procurements and Sales
- Experience with intercompany activities
- Experience with multiple legal entries management
- Experience with associated tools and technologies such as SQL Reporting Services or SharePoint are highly desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience with Warehouse manager R3
- Experience in Manufacturing and or Retail
- Desire to constantly assess and incorporate new technologies and software into their skillset
- Strong project implementation skills (planning, data conversion, module setups, training, project management, reporting)
- Ability to recognize and incorporate client needs at a worker level.
- Proactive approach in communicating project status and project risks to all parties, internal and external
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to guide Workflow procurement process
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent demonstration and presentation skills
- A passion for client success and enthusiasm for the products we implement
Ability to travel to provide services to clients; and nationally up to 75% of your time.