Open to Location: This position can work remote and reside anywhere in the US.
The AX Finance Functional Architect primary responsibility is to understand our customer’s business requirements and subsequently transfer knowledge to the customer project team about how best to apply the DynamicsAX solution to attain targeted business benefits.
As part of our Professional Services team, you would be responsible for designing and deploying solutions for both the existing customer base and new project business. A background in successful deployment of DynamicsAX is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full life-cycle project activities, from Diagnostic, Analysis and Design, Development, Deployment and Go-Live
- Business Process analysis and design experience preferred. Functional Consulting skills to support designing the business process and the use of DynamicsAX to support the business process
- IT analysis and design skills to support working with a client to clearly and accurately define requirements and a functional design for identified gaps in a business process which must be filled with either a work-around or a modification to the software
- Writing skills to effectively communicate functional specs or application documentation
- Ability to travel and support on-site activities as needed during a project lifecycle. Generally only during the normal work week, but during go-live, this on-site activity may occur on weekends or holidays
- Hands-on configuration and data setup of the core DynamicsAX modules
- Accurate and timely task completion, adherence of project budgets and effective communication of variations in the project plan
- Focused on serving clients with responsive communications, quality work and in keeping expectations aligned leading to highly satisfied clients
Required Position Qualifications:
- College degree in a related discipline strongly desired (Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain)
- Professional certification and accreditation strongly recommended or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing, distribution and financial best practices, principles and procedures as related to mid-to-large scale businesses
- Ability to understand, communicate, and interpret client business processes and requirements
- Ability to thrive in a virtual, collaborative organization and atmosphere
- Organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation - including business and system requirements, process diagrams, and detailed data requirements
- Effective time management skills
- Fluent in English - written and verbal
- Knowledge of ERP systems as they relate to effective and efficient business processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with little supervision
- Ability to work through project issues.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Microsoft DynamicsAX certification(s) in related discipline a plus
- 2-5 years of ERP project delivery is desirable (customer or consultant)
Columbus offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. This package includes Health, Life, Dental Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, in addition to, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and 401(k).