Open to Location: This position can work remote and reside anywhere in the US.
Columbus Global has been combining traditional Microsoft products with Microsoft Business Solutions software to provide flexible, innovative and fully-integrated solutions since 1985. We help small to large organizations manage installations and software applications in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting into the Director of Customer Operations, this role will manage the daily technical aspects of both the project/implementation and the managed services businesses. They will also require a strong understanding of commercials and act as an owner of the Infrastructure business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commercial experience delivering service revenue to meet or exceed agreed budget
- Lead the formation and execution of service related strategies to meet goals
- Communicate direction and progress to the team
- Represent the Infrastructure Services practice on the services management team
- Report on state and health of the practice, and services metrics to leadership and the management team, including trending of services and progress against goals
- Resolve project and customer issues independently
- Strategize with sales regarding the ability to sell and deploy new tools and solutions
Building Strong Customer Relationships
- Lead activities to ensure current customers feel connected and well served by the delivery organization
- Responsible for holding regular EVAL meetings and touch base calls with key customers.
- Responsible for adding services to existing Managed Services customers
- Responsible for onboarding activities with new and sign over customers
Serving the Team
- Provide leadership and direction to the Managed Services team, motivating their performance, managing their interests and concerns, and instilling loyalty and retention
- Direct and participate in the Career and Competency Framework performance management system across the Managed Services team
- Manage the team budget for staff expenses including training and compensation
- Understand and support corporate strategies and the impact on the Managed Services delivery team
- Staff management of the Managed Services Team leads; meet regularly with Team Leaders one-on-one to review goals and performance, determine training needs and provide appropriate training and tools, and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Report to the Director of IT Managed Services
Required Position Qualifications:
- BA/BS in MIS, Computer Science, or other technology-related field of study.
- Strong Technical and Process background e.g. MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, PMP
- ERP implementations within Project Manager role.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, communicate, delegate and follow-up effectively to all team members
- 3-5+ years of prior experience in managing off-shore resources
- 5+ years proven track record of successfully implementing Microsoft Technologies in one or more of the following roles: Solutions Consultant, Project Management, or Implementation Consultant.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent time management/organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize and discuss business requirements at a CIO-CFO level and establish relationship as trusted advisor for business direction. This includes follow-up activities resulting in sales or other company corporate involvement.
- Ability to travel to provide services to clients up to 25% of your time.
Columbus offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. This package includes Health, Life, Dental Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, in addition to, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and 401(k).