About Columbus - Columbus converts knowledge into customer value
We at Columbus share name and qualities with one of the greatest explorers of our times, Christopher Columbus, and our tagline “Once you know how” is in fact a Columbus anecdote.
After Christopher Columbus discovered America, critics argued that anyone could have done so. Columbus challenged them to stand and egg upright on the table, and when they failed, he gently broke the shell and stood the egg up. "Gentlemen," he said, "what you considered impossible is the simplest thing in the world. Anybody can do it—once you know how."
That is what our tag line is all about. “Once you know how” means that anything is possible, once the method is researched and you have the know-how.
Columbus helps companies digitally transform by converting our knowledge into customer value. And just like our namesake, we are our customers partners to explore the potential of their business.
To learn more about our solution and service offering, visit: https://www.columbusglobal.com/en/about-us
Are you savvy creative writer trained with the ability to write copy that appeals to human emotion and can deliver that across a variety of content deliverables? If you answered yes, but have more to share, we want to talk to you. We are in the initial phases of ramping up our digital marketing presence and seeking a creative, data driven, and savvy content marketer to help scale our marketing reach across all digital channels in a variety of formats for the US marketing business unit. Columbus is hiring a motivated Content Marketing Manager who will play a central role in our marketing outreach. This person will contribute to and help define the content strategy for Columbus and will plan and manage the production of blog posts, e-books, guides, reports, case studies, videos and infographics used to attract customers and accelerate the buyers’ journey. The role involves content writing and editing; creation and management of an editorial calendar; sourcing ideas for new articles and assets; and coordinating with internal marketing team members, company-wide contributors and subject matter experts in ideation and creation of content assets. This person should be energetic with significant writing and editing experience; and understands the art of copywriting and content writing to create compelling copy that converts and turns prospective buyers into repeat buying customers.
This position reports directly to the Columbus US Marketing Director.
This position can be based in one of our offices: Irvine, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Houston, TX, San Diego, CA or remote location.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceive content strategy, source and manage content creators, and oversee content production—with the end goals of driving awareness, influencer engagement, customer acquisition, and ongoing customer success.
- Identify the content needed to support and extend marketing initiatives and determine which methods work for the business and why.
- Develop and edit research studies, surveys, infographics, blogs, bylines, customer case studies and other content.
- Create and curate great social content that elevates our brand and influencer marketing amongst internal subject matter experts.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person events.
- Understand and leverage industry trends, the corporate brand and product value propositions to ensure content quality and relevance in content creation.
- Engage and collaborate cross-functionally as needed to support content ideation, creation, activation and measurement requirements.
- Manage meeting and resource schedules, workflows and deadlines associated with content marketing activities.
- Execute keyword research and define a keyword universe that aligns with audience needs, business priorities and inbound traffic goals, collaborating with our search engine optimization agency as needed.
- Collaborate with marketing program owners and campaign managers to integrate and repurpose content marketing and campaign content where appropriate.
- Collect, analyze and report on content marketing success via standard content marketing–related KPIs, using Web analytics tools, marketing automation platforms, social media management tools, content marketing software and business intelligence platforms to inform and optimize ongoing content marketing efforts.
- 3+ years of copy writing and content marketing experience for software technology and/or technology consulting firms
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a track record of great content production
- Creativity and curiosity to create or unearth content ideas
- Experience in database and marketing automation systems: CRM, Hubspot, HootSuite preferred.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Ability to interact with individuals across the organization, in all departments, in search of great content. Maturity to handle customer and partner interviews and collaboration.
- Experience managing freelance writers, editors and graphic designers a must
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively in a fast-paced environment with only high-level direction is essential
- Experience with ERP solutions and cloud technology
- Knowledge of advanced technologies including, business intelligence, machine learning, big data and analytics, and IoT a plus
- Curious about the latest tech and emerging trends a plus
- Excellent oral communication and good writing skills with demonstrable ability to write copy for a range of promotional materials.