As the SMB Sales Manager, you will oversee the team of account executives. This team is responsible for retention and upselling to our existing customers and will, to some degree, sell to net new clients. Geography is not important to this position, but it is expected that the sales manager regularly check in at our key offices.
This position has the flexibility to work remotely.
Responsibilities of this SMB Sales Manager include:
- Coaching, inspiring and motivating the account management team
- Setting and tracking sales targets for the team
- Sales training, development and performance management
- Suggesting and implementing improvements in the sales administration process
- Report on sales metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly sales forecasts and other regular reporting to directors
- Disciplined use of CRM, communication and customer management
- Ensure sales, finance and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build an open-communication environment for the team
- Handling customer complaints and enquiries
- Will handle set of own accounts
- Ability to help account managers close deals with clients
- Experience with account development, upselling, and net new account adds
- Extensive travel expected (40%)
Desired and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years Sales or Marketing experience.
- 3+ years of experience with account management, by selling additional technical services or solutions within an existing customer base.
- Strong experience working with GP accounts
- Experience working with a Microsoft partner
- In depth understanding of the sales administration process.
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills
- Experience as a Sales Manager or showing strong leadership skills within high volume transactional environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Process and detail oriented
- People management experience
- Ability to coach long distance