Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is not just the next release of a great product. It is, in fact, a generational shift in business software, delivering new levels of capability, unmatched agility, and a compelling and empowering user experience. At the same time, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 sets a new standard for simplicity.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, unlike other ERP systems, manages both the administrative dimension and operational requirements of your business. To accomplish this, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 delivers rich, prebuilt, industry-specific functionality out of the box for vertical industries including Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Service and Public sector. A broad portfolio of specialized vertical solutions means a better fit for the needs of your business with standard functionality and a quicker time to value. Some powerful highlights include:
- Multi-site with global consolidation of chart of accounts, items, vendors and customers.
- Multi-language and multi-currency with localizations for 36 countries.
- More than 30 Role Centers that provide a single landing page for individual activities and Key Performance Indicators (KPI). These Role Centers are easily configurable to accommodate each employee’s specialized role.
- 11 SQL Analytics Server Cubes behind the Role Centers.
- Over 800 out of the box reports, all delivered through SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Rich interoperability with Microsoft business productivity tools including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Business Intelligence fully embedded throughout the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 user experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is a set of unified, natural models that let you see, measure and change your business. It is simpler to set up and simpler to change because the software reflects the real world in a natural way. Fundamental elements of the unified, natural models in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 include:
- Flexible business organization modeling, allowing you to capture the physical locations of your business, legal entity structure and business reporting structure.
- People, with separate modeling of the person, their reporting hierarchy and their role.
- Declarative representation of business workflows, policies and dollar limits.
- Unlimited financial dimensions, allowing categorization and analysis of transactions across multiple axes.
- Date effectivity for data and models at the framework level to enable before and after reporting across organizational changes.
- Support for multiple hierarchies – for examples, one based on human resource reporting and another based on legal entity, with the ability to designate one hierarchy for one approval process and another for a different process.
- Managing security based on roles and tasks.
Although Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 has evolved with added, powerful functionality and agility, an intentional commitment to simplicity has been made – simplifying every aspect of the system from installation, deployment, implementation, customizations, user experience and upgrades.
- A familiar interface that is simple to learn and intuitive to use.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 brings the power of software to more users in the business, adding rich functionality for supplier relationship management (SRM) and a rich set of employee self-service functionality for human resource data, procurement and travel expense management.
- Interoperability with Microsoft collaboration technologies from Microsoft SharePoint, Windows Azure and Microsoft Lync – making it simpler to connect employees, customers, suppliers and partners.
- For system administration, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 automates and streamlines applications lifecycle management, removing steps and making the system simpler to deploy, manage and upgrade. This allows for increased value while at the same time providing a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is a business solution direct from Microsoft. That heritage brings with it an obligation and commitment to bring the full breadth and depth of Microsoft research, development and innovation investment to business customers in a unified solution. Welcome to the new generation of business application productivity.