The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is accountable for the successful control, delivery and profitability of a number of projects within a client. A key element of this role will be effective communication with our Customers in order to develop strong relationships with board level stakeholders to ensure the ongoing development of long term partnership. The SDM role will include, selling products and services to existing clients this role will be focused on generating incremental revenue through both self-generation and lead generation activities on existing accounts and prospects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- For all assigned clients, ensure SDM planning and status review processes are completed with regularity each week or at a minimum every other week and SDM deliverables are kept current.
- Provide SDM leadership to keep projects on-budget and on-time.
- Participate in Weekly Resource Planning with other PMs and SDM’s to get resources assigned to project tasks in a manner which efficiently uses available professional services staff
- Act as customer advocate
- Review and understand the contractual terms and scope of assigned projects (via Sales Handover Meeting with Sales and Projects team)
- Conduct both an Internal Project Kick-off meeting and a Client Project Kick-off meeting when client is engaging on smaller project
- Ensure Tasks, Time and Expense entry is being completed in CIT-TMS (Axapta) system. Review invoices prior to being sent to client for clients owned by the SDM.
- Act as the day to day primary point of contact with Client Project Manager regarding project status and issue resolution for clients owned by the SDM.
- Sell, markets, promote, demonstrate products and services to increase business with existing customers.
- Is responsible for working closely with Service Director and Marketing to develop and participate in increasing client base in the form of take over accounts.
- Is responsible for a Columbus Care Contract sales target to the install base.
- Participate in business review meetings
- Participate in UG, newsletter content, webinar’s, and/or any additional client facing activities.
- Pursues product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Learns and evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements and preferences.
- Processes product quotations and provides continuous follow up throughout the completion of the customer's purchasing cycle.
- Gathers and reports to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products and current and future market trends as well as assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets.
Credentials & Experience
- 3+ years project management experience in a NAV environment, including the management of budget, risks, resources, scope, issues, changes and quality.
- 3+ years customer service experience
- 3+ years ERP prospect/client engagement experience
- Thorough knowledge of all major project management activities, including risk assessments
- Ability to align project deliverables and customer expectations
- Coaching and/or mentoring experience
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work remote and independent
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Ability to understand, communicate, and interpret client business processes and requirements
- Preferred knowledge of NAV ERP systems as they relate to effective and efficient business processes
- Ability to thrive in a virtual, collaborative organization and atmosphere
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation - including business and system requirements, process diagrams, and detailed data requirements
- Effective time management skills
- Fluent in English - written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of best practices, principles and procedures as related to mid-to-large scale business processes
- Demonstrable knowledge of applying sales techniques and cycles
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with little supervision